FAQs About Boundless Journeys Adventures
As you plan your Boundless Journeys tour, you may have some questions—and naturally, we have the answers! So please give us a call at 800-941-8010, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be happy to provide all the information you need. In the meantime, we hope the following frequently asked questions and answers can also help you with your preparation.
- Can I physically handle the trip? How do I know if I am fit enough?
- Do I need any special equipment for my trip?
- What is a typical day like on a Boundless Journeys trip?
- Who travels with Boundless Journeys, and what is the average group size?
- Will I feel comfortable as a solo traveler?
- I have special dietary restrictions. How can I be sure my needs will be met?
- What kind of information will I receive to help me prepare for my trip?
- What type of assistance does Boundless Journeys provide for my pre-trip and post-trip arrangements?
- When should I reserve my trip?
- How do I reserve a trip?
- Can I reserve a private trip for my friends or family?
- Can I give a trip as a gift?
- How do I learn about new trips, special promotions, or Boundless Journeys news?
Additional Travel Resources to Help You Prepare
- American Passport & Visa International – our preferred passport and visa expeditor
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – the leading U.S. public health institute
- Electronic Embassy – resource of and for foreign embassies in the U.S.
- Global Rescue – medical and evacuation memberships in case of emergencies
- Longitude Books – recommended books & maps for travelers
- Rail Europe – European train tickets and rail passes
- Travel Guard – travel insurance, assistance, and emergency travel service plans
- U.S. Department of State – U.S. passports and international travel information
- XE Currency Converter – live exchange rates and currency converter
- Weatherbase – weather forecasts and current conditions for over 40,000 cities
- World Fact Book – U.S. government-produced information on 267 world entities
Can I physically handle the trip? How do I know if I am fit enough?
We offer a variety of trips that are appropriate for all fitness levels. Give us a call and our Boundless Journeys home team will be happy to chat with you about the trip you are interested in. When you call, you’ll be able to speak with someone who is knowledgeable about the trip you are considering.
Do I need any special equipment for my trip?
No. If any special equipment is required, Boundless Journeys will supply it or inform you as to how it can be rented locally. You need only a well-broken in pair of hiking boots and a backpack large enough to hold warm clothes, a camera, lunch, water, sunscreen, and anything else you wish to carry throughout the day. On our trips that involve camping, you may wish to bring your own sleeping bag. A detailed list of what to bring will be included in your trip planning materials.
What is a typical day like on a Boundless Journeys trip?
Although the most accurate answer may be that there is no typical day on our trips, there are some aspects that are consistent. For example, breakfast is generally between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m., and there is usually time to freshen up after breakfast before heading out for the day. We may take a packed lunch to give us more time on the trail or on the water. Morning is usually the most active part of the day, although our guides are constantly monitoring weather and local events to take advantage of the best conditions. We generally arrive back at our lodgings by mid-to-late afternoon, leaving a few hours before dinner to relax, read a book, or explore the local surroundings on your own. Dinner is generally served between 6:30 and 8:00 p.m. (on the later side for European tours), and may be at our inn or at a favorite local restaurant. Evenings are open for whatever suits you, whether it’s set dancing in Killarney or taking a relaxing stroll under the glow of Iceland’s midnight sun.
Who travels with Boundless Journeys, and what is the average group size?
Our groups are small, eight to 10 guests on average, and may be made up of couples, singles, friends, or families. Our guests are congenial, like-minded individuals who have an adventurous spirit and a curiosity about the world, and getting to know them will likely become one of the highlights of your trip.
Will I feel comfortable as a solo traveler?
Many solo travelers join our trips, which are generally a nice mix of single travelers and those traveling together. Boundless Journeys tours are a great option for solo travelers, as they provide the camaraderie and security of a group. You may choose to reserve a single room, or we can try and find a roommate for you.
I have special dietary restrictions. How can I be sure my needs will be met?
With advance notice, we can accommodate your special dietary restrictions. In some destinations the choices may be slightly limited, but with some delicious creativity from the chef, you can enjoy authentic, local cuisine suited to your needs on your Boundless Journeys tour.
What kind of information will I receive to help me prepare for my trip?
When you confirm your reservation with Boundless Journeys, you will receive a complete trip planner with information to help you prepare for your adventure. This includes specifics on the tour, meeting and departure points, the easiest ways to travel to and from these points, a suggested packing list, a reading list, and region-specific information.
What type of assistance does Boundless Journeys provide for my pre-trip and post-trip arrangements?
Our home team has years of travel experience and is ready to assist in planning any pre- or post-trip extensions you are considering. If you need ideas, just ask—we are happy to share our secrets!
When should I reserve my trip?
Many Boundless Journeys tours fill up months in advance. Once you have decided on a trip and a specific departure date, we recommend reserving immediately to avoid disappointment.
How do I reserve a trip?
It’s very quick and easy. Give us a call or complete the online Reserve a Trip form. We will confirm your reservation with a $500 per person deposit, plus any internal air costs, payable by check or credit card.
Can I reserve a private trip for my friends or family?
Absolutely! Reserve one of our scheduled departures exclusively for your group or have us create a dream trip for you. We’re happy to help you with an adventure handcrafted to your specifications. A Boundless Journeys tour is a great way to celebrate a special occasion or reunite with old friends.
Can I give a Boundless Journeys trip as a gift?
The gift of travel creates memories that will last forever. We can arrange a gift certificate—and your secret is safe with us! What better way to show someone how you feel than to give them the experience of a lifetime? Call 800-941-8010, or email email@example.com to purchase a Boundless Journeys Gift Certificate today.
How do I learn about new trips, special promotions, or Boundless Journeys news?
Sign up for our e-newsletter, and we’ll keep you informed. Email communication allows us to notify you about special departures, promotions, and the latest travel information, while helping to preserve our planet’s precious resources. Send us your email address, or give us a call to be added to the list. Your privacy is important to us, and we do not share your contact information with others.