Working With Boundless Journeys
Thank you for your interest in a career with Boundless Journeys! As you might imagine of an international active tour operator, we are a company of travelers. Even when working here in our home office in beautiful Stowe, Vermont, we love nothing more than helping our curious and discerning clients realize the travel adventures of their dreams, from hiking in the Himalayas to venturing into Africa’s wild places on a safari. If dreaming about, talking about, and learning about travel excites you as much as it does us, we’d love to hear from you.
Our office is busy, with ongoing coordination of tours to more than 30 countries world-wide, producing compelling printed and online materials to assist our clients with choosing their next travel adventure, and communicating with our guests, guides, and partners all around the globe.
A successful Boundless Journeys employee combines self-sufficiency and personal accountability with strong interpersonal skills and is someone who shares our core values. Boundless Journeys has an informal office setting, competitive compensation and benefits, and a great team that enjoys working together.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS:
Assistant Destination Manager
This is a full-time position based at our home office in Stowe, Vermont. This position will primarily assist Boundless Journeys’ Destination Managers in fulfilling the operational tasks involved with each tour that we operate. This position requires a passion for active travel, a natural ability to be organized, a high degree of accuracy, solid technology skills, and the ability to communicate clearly in writing and over the phone.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Corresponding with our partners (hotels, transport providers, and destination management companies) to confirm tour dates and manage room inventory.
- Assist Destination Manager with reviewing annual contracts.
- Scheduling tasks related to each departure.
- Manage and track hotel and vendor deposits; review invoices and request payments from accounting staff.
- Assist in quality assurance for all trips (maintaining positive, proactive relationships with guides and vendors).
- Assist in other tour responsibilities, for example balancing trip budgets.
- Review and submit rooming lists.
- Create trip files for guides and operators.
- Receive and arrange pre/post tour requests for our travelers.
- Miscellaneous duties include but are not limited to: editing and proofing marketing materials (catalog copy, email communications, itineraries, etc), itinerary updates.
Who we are looking for? Someone who…
- Loves to travel and explore the world as much as we do.
- Has exceptional communication skills – both written and spoken.
- Is very organized and not daunted by managing a diverse workload with both short and long-term timelines.
- Enjoys working with a small, close-knit team.
Preferred General Experience
- International travel experience – tell us where you’ve been!
- Administrative experience working in busy office settings.
- Customer service experience in similar high-touch organizations.
Required Technical Skills
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Aptitude for learning new programs as needed.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Basic knowledge of editing in InDesign;
- TourCube or similar industry-specific database applications.
If this sounds like you, please send a resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com – or –
Boundless Journeys, 998 South Main, Ste 2 Stowe, VT 05672
No Phone Calls Please